Sr. Grace Walle, F.M.I., Th.D., provides a brief history about the Alice Wright Franzke Non-Traditional Student Scholarship. This scholarship, for a non-traditional student, commemorates the life and works of Alice Franzke, Ph.D., a professor in the Sociology Department at St. Mary’s University from 1982 until 1989. Dr. Franzke was an inspirational model of feminist activism and civic engagement who embodied a commitment to justice and peace.
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Must demonstrate some involvement in one of the following: St. Mary’s University community, church or civic organizations
- Must be currently enrolled for at least 9 semester hours
- A GPA of 3.0 for priority consideration
- One (1) recommendation from a faculty member
The Office of Financial Assistance reserves the right to award students based on various criteria including, but not limited to, academic excellence, financial need, etc. If you have any questions about this award or the selection process, please contact the Office of Financial Assistance at (210) 436-3141 or at [email protected]