2021 Alice Franke Award Ceremony - March 1, 2021
From Loretta Sanchez
- Zoe Brigman, a senior Music Education major
- Samantha McCoy, J.D. student
- Myrna Gaxiola Marinik, Associate Director of Student Accessibility Services
- Sue P. Nash, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Artessia “Tess” House (J.D. ’14), attorney and founder of Tess House Law, PLLC
The honorees will be recognized online at 4 p.m. on March 1.
Franzke was an inspirational model of feminist activism and civic engagement who embodied a commitment to justice and peace. The award honors feminists of the St. Mary’s community who promote peace, empowerment, civic engagement, cooperation, equality and respect of all people. Any current or past member of the University community is eligible for nomination.
Sr. Grace Walle, F.M.I., D.Min., will provide a brief history of the Alice Franzke Non-Traditional Student Scholarship. The 2021 Alice Franzke Non-Traditional Student Scholarship recipients are:
- Nicole Bongiorno
- Katherine L. Muniz
For more information about the award and past recipients, visit Blume Library’s Women’s History Month page.